This may be the best recipe that I have ever posted. Michael and I went to a fairly new restaurant in our area a few weeks ago and I ordered their red pepper and tomato soup and the rest is history! From the moment I took the first bite I knew that I was going to be making my own.
This bisque is the perfect comfort meal. One pot and 30 minutes is all you need for the coziest meal of your life. I'm talking put on your pjs, turn on The Crown and don't look back! The creamy consistency combined with the goodness of the red peppers makes me wish for more snow days! Recipe card is below.
More Savory Recipes You'll Love!
- Tuscan Tortellini Soup
- Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
- One pot Jambalaya Soup
- Soft Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
- Autumn Vegetable Minestrone
- Lentil Veggie Chili
- Sweet Potato & Black Bean Bowls
- 4 tablespoon Butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 28 oz can whole plum tomatoes
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 12 oz jar whole roasted red pepper drained & roughly chopped
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 loaf french bread
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves smashed garlic
Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Bisque
- In medium stock pot, melt butter over medum/high heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened. Once softened sprinkle flour over the onion.
- Add red peppers, tomatoes, and seasonings.
- Break up tomatoes with spatula and let all cook together for about 5 minutes.
- Add stock and cream. Let simmer 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Add in smashed garlic and let cook for 2-3 minutes in the oil stirring constantly.
- Remove garlic and add cubes of french bread. Toss the cubes in the oil to coat them on both sides.
- Let them toast in the skillet for several minutes.