One of my favorite parts of almost every meal... Bread! I'm with Oprah on this one... No diet could keep me away from the bread!
There is something about the smell of fresh baked bread. I remember growing up my Momma had a bread maker and even now every time I smell fresh bread my mind goes immediately back to our kitchen when I was younger. Don't you love how some smells just take your mind back to the best memories?!
I especially loved how the smell of this rosemary skillet bread and how it filled our little home all day! Filled with rosemary and topped with sea salt this easy skillet bread comes together in a matter of minutes! (Oh and did I mention that the crust is absolutely amazing!)
You probably have all of the ingredients right there in your pantry already. But the best part... No kneading! Simply combine all of your ingredients, let rise, place in cast iron skillet, and bake! Dip in olive oil, pasta sauce, or butter and enjoy the most amazing blend of herb filled bread!
More savory recipes you’ll love!
- Tuscan Tortellini Soup
- Soft Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
- Autumn Vegetable Minestrone
- Lentil Veggie Chili
- Sweet Potato & Black Bean Bowls
- Two Way Sweet Potatoes
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
- 1 package instant yeast
- 2 cups Water lukewarm
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 ¼ teaspoons Salt iodized
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil over the bottom and sides of a 12 inch cast iron skillet and set aside.
- Combine the yeast with the lukewarm water in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in 2 ¼ cup of flour and mix together.
- Add iodized salt, rosemary, and the remaining 2 ¼ cup of the flour. Stirring until the dough is well combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in a draft free warm place in order for the dough to rise. Let rise until doubled in its size (about 45 minutes-1 hour). (1)
- Sprinkle dough and hands with flour and start to shape dough into the shape of your skillet. (2) Place dough in skillet and cover for 30 more minutes.
- Brush 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the bread.
- With a sharp knife, cut dough into desired design.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and leftover rosemary.
- Bake on 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until the top crust is a golden brown.
(1) I use my oven (off of course)!
(2) Dough doesn't have to perfectly fill your skillet as it will spread while baking.