As you can probably tell, I'm on an apple kick this week. Michael has definitely noticed (I think he is appled out)!
There is just something about the holidays that always makes me crave apples and basically anything with them involved. Apple butter is no exception.
It is my absolute go to and I would take it over any kind of jam or jelly hands down.
This smooth and rich apple butter is filled with just the right amount of cinnamon and spices.
Spread it on toast, rolls, or even those leftover Thanksgiving turkey sandwiches!
More Fall Desserts You’ll Love!
- Maple Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Pecan Fudge
- Easy Pumpkin Scones
- Pumpkin Spice Madeleines With Maple Glaze
- Caramel French Toast Bake With Berry Sauce Topping
- Cinnamon Banana Bread
- A Classic Spice Cake
|Cook Time||7 hours|
- 6 large apples I use Gala
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- Peel, core, and dice apples. Place into Crockpot.
- Stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and salt.
- Cover on high for 5 hours.
- With immersion blender, puree mixture until smooth.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 more hours. Stirring occasionally until thick.
- Remove and let cool.
Store in tightly sealed container in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.