Serving you the easiest recipe to get perfect, light and airy Strawberry Madeleine Cookies! This strawberry version is a fun and fresh twist on a classic French madeleine (aka little butter cake). Made with a strawberry puree and dusted with powdered sugar, these are a sure to be a spring favorite!
- 1 cup fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter melted & cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup strawberry puree
- Powdered sugar
- Make the strawberry puree. Add 1 cup of fresh (or completely thawed) strawberries and one tablespoon of sugar to a blender and pulse until mixture is completely smooth. You will have more than the recipe calls for. Pro tip: It makes a delicious dipping sauce for the baked ones too!
- Make the batter. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, mix together eggs, sugar, and salt on medium speed until the mixture becomes foamy. Lower speed to low and add in flour, 1/2 cup strawberry puree, cooled butter, vanilla extract, and lemon zest.
- Chill. Cover and chill batter in fridge for 30 minutes in order to get the signature curved madeleine back when baking.
- Bake. Place about 1 tablespoon of batter into each shell in the madeleine pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until madeleines are lightly golden on edges. Let cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar and serve!
To store: These madeleines are best if eaten within 2 days, but can store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Cookies & Candy
Keywords: madeleine cookies