This Fourth of July Mint Berry Trifle is a light, no bake dessert filled with layers of fresh berries, cake, and homemade whipped cream. The perfect red, white, and blue dessert if you ask me!
Mint Berry Trifle Ingredients:
To make this Mint Berry Trifle, you will need the following ingredients. See the full recipe card below for detailed amounts and instructions!
- Sponge cake or pound cake (whichever you prefer!)
- Vanilla extract
- Fresh mint
- Heavy cream
- Confectioner’s sugar
How To Make This Mint Berry Trifle
To make this Mint Berry Trifle, simply:
- Cut the cake into 1-2 inch cubes.
- In a small bowl combine the strawberries with ¼ cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 tablespoon of chopped mint. Stir and let sit for at least 20 minutes.
- In another small bowl combine the blueberries and blackberries, add the remaining ¼ cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 tablespoon of chopped mint. Stir and let sit for at least 20 minutes.
- In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, whisk together heavy cream and confectioners sugar on medium/high speed for about 2-3 minutes or until the cream has thickened.
- Place half of the strawberries in the bottom of a trifle bowl. Next add a layer of cake cubes, a layer of blueberry/blackberry mixture, a layer of cream, a layer of strawberries, extra blueberry/blackberry mixture, and top with remaining cream.
More Fruit Filled Recipes You’ll Love!
- Vanilla Lime Cupcakes
- Peach Bundt Cake
- Watermelon Salad with Mint & Lime
- The Best Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- Lemon Lavender Cookies
- Five Minute Peach Caprese Salad