This Roasted Vegetable Salad is one for the recipe book! It is loaded with good for you vegetables and packed with flavor. A great healthy salad option for easy lunches or quick dinners.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium cauliflower crown, cut into small florets
- 1/2 medium red onion, peeled and diced
- 3 radishes, quartered
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh herbs, optional
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Dash sea salt & black pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1 jalapeño, remove stem and seeds
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Roast your vegetables - Wash and cut you vegetables to the size you want them. I find it best to cut them all bite size. To make sure your vegetables get evenly coated, place them into a large bowl and add olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and herbs. Toss vegetables until all look coated. Place coated vegetables onto a baking sheet (I like to line mine with parchment paper) and spread them out as evenly as possible. If they are too crowded you may want to split them onto two baking sheets for the best roast. Bake at 425° for about 25 minutes tossing at the halfway point and adding the tomatoes with 5 minutes left. Check to make sure your vegetables are fork tender and have a nice browning on them. If they aren't, continue baking for 5 for minutes.
- Massage the kale - Remove the leaves from the kale stems and chop leaves as desired for your salad. In a medium bowl, add chopped kale, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Begin massaging the kale with your fingers, working the oil and lemon juice into the leaves for about 30 seconds. The kale will start to soften as you go.
- Make the dressing - Place feta cheese, jalapeño, avocado, olive oil, water, lemon juice, cilantro, salt, and pepper into blender or food processor and pulse until completely smooth in texture. Add more water to thin the dressing to your liking.
- Assemble - Place massaged kale in the bottom of a large salad bowl, followed by roasted vegetables, the creamy feta dressing, and crumbled feta cheese. Top with an extra squeeze of lemon and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Soups & Salads
Keywords: roasted vegetable salad