Looking for a quick and easy Strawberry Rhubarb Jam Recipe this summer? Best bookmark this one, friend! Made with only a handful of simple ingredients, this recipe is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar free. You won't believe how easy and quick this juicy sweet jam is to make! It is a fantastic addition to toast, muffins, crackers, sandwiches, cakes, tarts, or just eaten by the spoonful!
3 cups fresh strawberries
1 1/2 cups rhubarb
1 lemon, zest & juice
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons tapioca starch, dissolved in water
- Cook. Add strawberries, rhubarb, lemon zest, lemon juice, and maple syrup in a large dutch oven or sauce pan. Cook on medium to high heat until mixture comes to a heavy simmer. Once simmering, cover and drop heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Break it up. Remove lid and give mixture a good stir. If you have an immersion blender blend the mixture up a few times. If not, use the back of a wood spoon or potato masher to break up the bigger chunks of fruit. Allow to cook uncovered for 10 more minutes on low to medium heat.
- Add tapioca starch. Add 2 tablespoons of tapioca starch with one tablespoon of water to a small bowl and let the starch dissolve. Add the dissolved tapioca starch into the jam and give it a good stir. Let cook for 10 more minutes on low to medium heat, stirring occasionally. You will notice it starting to thicken up a bit more in this 10 minutes.
- Let cool. Remove from heat and allow jam to come to room temperature. The jam will continue to thicken as it cools. Once cool, store in an air-tight container in the fridge or use immediately.
- To store. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- Patience. Be patient in the process. You may think it's not thickening up or looking right one minute and then the next it's perfect, so follow through the full cooking process before making any further adjustments. Also need to note that it will thicken up as it cools and then more when it chills in the fridge.
- Adjust. If you like your jam a thinner consistency, leave out the tapioca starch completely or cut it in half. If you like it thicker, add more tapioca starch a half tablespoon at a time. Just give it some time to work into the jam before you start adjusting too soon!
- Mash accordingly. Like chunks of fruit in your jam? Skip step two and leave the fruit whole and let it break down on its own. Like your jam silky smooth? Use an immersion blender to easily break down the fruit.
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Keywords: Strawberry Rhubarb Jam Recipe