Looking for a quick and easy summer salad recipe? Get ready for your newest salad obsession! This Strawberry Walnut Salad is light, sweet, and so fresh. It is made with your favorite greens, fresh strawberries, walnuts, pickled red onion, dried cherries, basil, and topped with the best strawberry balsamic dressing. It is perfect for summer dinner parties, holidays, lunches, or light dinners!
- 4-6 cups greens, baby spinach & arugula used here
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pickled red onion
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 5 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Prep. Wash and dry your greens and basil leaves. Slice the strawberries.
- Assemble. Add the greens and basil leaves to a plate and gently toss. Top with the sliced strawberries, walnuts, pickled onion, and dried cherries. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Make the strawberry balsamic dressing. Add the strawberries, white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and maple syrup to a blender. Blend until fully combined. Serve on the side.
- To store. If you have leftovers, store the dressing and salad in separate air-tight containers. It will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Change up the greens. I used baby spinach and arugula as pictured, but you can use any of your favorite greens. Try kale, spinach, butter lettuce, romaine, or a mix.
- Change up the fruit. You could easily make this salad with blueberries, raspberries, peaches, or the like!
- Add a cheese. This salad really doesn't need a cheese, but if you can't imagine a salad without it go for a feta or goat cheese. Feta would be my pick!
- Swap out the toppings. If you aren't into certain ingredients here, make this salad your own with your favorite toppings!
- Make it even faster. To make this salad even faster, use a store bought dressing.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: Strawberry Walnut Salad