An easy Creamy Tuscan Tortellini Soup recipe that comes together quickly in just one pot! This filling and flavorful soup is full of cheesy tortellini, chicken, garlic, spinach and white beans. This savory Tuscan style soup will quickly became a cold weather favorite at your house!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium white onion (diced)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2-3 cups chicken broth (amount dependent on soup preference)
- 14 ounce can roasted diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce can white beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 9 ounce cheese tortellini
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken (I use precooked)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add in diced onion and minced garlic and cook until tender.
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, white beans, heavy cream, shredded Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to the pot with the onion and garlic stirring to combine.
- Bring the soup to a simmer.
- Stir in shredded chicken, cheese tortellini, and spinach.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Tortellini should be cooked through and soup should thicken.
- Serve with shredded Parmesan and your favorite bread!
- To make this soup vegetarian simply remove the chicken and add an extra can of white beans and an extra can of tomatoes. We do this version all of the time!
- To make it gluten free look for a gluten free tortellini or swap it to a gluten free noodle.
- If you don't love garlic, cut the amount used in half.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: tuscan tortellini soup