These Valentine's Day Sugar Cookies will bring a smile to anyone's face! The best part is that I bet you already have all of the ingredients right in your pantry!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Preheat: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla, mixing until smooth. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture one cup at a time mixing fully after each addition. Add your sprinkles and mix for just a few seconds so that they get distributed into the dough. Press the dough into one or two balls.
- Roll and cut: Place one ball of dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to a 1/4-1/2 inch thickness with a floured rolling pin. Using a round cookie cutter (or a glass) cut out circle shaped cookies and place them onto the baking sheet. Once on the baking sheet, take your cookie stamp and press into your cookies. Be gentle, but firm as you press into the dough.
- Bake: Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Only bake 8 for a softer cookie, 10 for a crunchier. Let cool and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Cookies & Candy
Keywords: Valentines day sugar cookies