Made with simple and healthy ingredients, this savory Autumn Minestrone Soup is a cool weather favorite!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ribs celery, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped basil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 28 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained rinsed
- 2 cups diced peeled sweet potatoes
- 2 cups dry pasta shells
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parmesan to garnish
- Saute: In a large stockpot, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add celery, carrots, green pepper, and onion and saute until translucent. About 10 minutes.
- Add the spices: Add the oregano, basil, tomato paste, and garlic. Cook for a few minutes.
- Bring to simmer: Add the vegetable stock, tomatoes, and beans. Bring soup to a simmer. Let simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Finish the soup: Add the sweet potatoes and pasta and simmer until both are cooked al dente, no more than 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve: Serve immediately with parmesan and warm bread!
To store: Keep in air tight container for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Keywords: Minestrone Soup