Keeping it simple and delicious with this Easy Vegetarian Chili Recipe! One pot, basic ingredients, and 45 minutes is all you need!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 - 15 ounce cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups water (plus more if needed as cooks)
- 1/2 cup dry red lentils
- 15 ounce can black beans
- 15 ounce can kidney beans
- 15 ounce can corn
- Toppings of your choice
- Sauté - Add olive oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper to pot and season with salt and pepper. Sauté, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until onion is translucent. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes & spices - Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, water, chili powder, cumin, and paprika, stirring until fully combined. Bring to a low boil over medium to high heat.
- Simmer - Once chili is boiling, add the lentils and lower the heat to low so it comes to a gentle simmer. Cook for 15 minutes. Add more water if necessary.
- Add beans & corn - After lentils have cooked, add the black beans, kidney beans, and corn. Mixing until fully combined. Bring the chili back to a simmer on low heat and cover for 15 minutes so the flavors can come together. Stirring occasionally.
- Taste & adjust - Adjust the seasonings to your taste.
- Garnish - Garnish with your favorite toppings. Sour cream, cheese, jalapenos, and avocado are ours!
- To adjust spices: For smokiness add more chili powder and cumin. If you need to balance the heat add 1 teaspoon of sugar at a time until you reach your desired taste. If you want to add more heat, add a diced jalapeño to the mix!
- To store: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze up to a month and a half.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Additional Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
Keywords: Easy Vegetarian Chili Recipe