One of my very favorite Farro Salad Recipes! This salad is full of chewy farro, chopped pecans, dried cranberries, sweet potatoes, and a delicious apple cider vinegar dressing!
- 2 cups cooked farro
- 1 large roasted sweet potato, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 honey crisp apple, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, stemmed
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 batch of Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing (recipe linked in post)
- Cook the farro - Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add the farro and lower heat to a simmer. Simmer until farro is tender and chewy. See this post for cook times based on different types of farro. When finished cooking, drain the remaining water using a fine strainer and rinse the farro in cold water until chilled. Set aside.
- Roast the vegetables - While your farro is cooking, roast the sweet potato and red onion for 25 minutes.
- Mix the dressing - Combine all of the Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until combined.
- Make the salad - In a large bowl, massage the kale with one tablespoon of the dressing. Add the basil and parsley to the kale. Top the greens with the farro, sweet potatoes, red onions, sliced apples, dried cranberries, pecans, salt, pepper, and toss.
- Serve - Serve immediately with the Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing.
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Soups & Salads
Keywords: farro salad recipes