Our favorite Lentil Salad Recipe is made with French and black lentils, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, and a tangy cilantro lime dressing! We love keeping this fresh and simple recipe on hand as a healthy dinner and lunch option!
- 1/2 cup French green lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 cup black lentils, rinsed
- 1 cucumber, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed and seeded finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro lime dressing (recipe linked in post)
- Cook the lentils - Sometimes small pieces of debris can get mixed in with your dried lentils, so always rinse and look them over well before cooking. A fine strainer or mesh sieve is ideal for this. Fill a medium to large pot about halfway with water and bring it to a boil. Add the lentils, lower heat to a simmer, and cover. Cook until lentils are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain the remaining water using a fine strainer and rinse the lentils in cold water until they are chilled. Set aside.
- Prep the vegetables - While your lentils are cooking finely dice the cucumber, red onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño. Roughly chop the cilantro. Add all to a large bowl and set aside.
- Mix the dressing - Combine all of the Cilantro Lime Dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until combined.
- Combine - Add the cooked lentils to the bowl with the rest of the salad ingredients. Drizzle with the cilantro lime dressing and toss until the salad is evenly combined and coated.
- Serve - Serve immediately, or refrigerate in an air tight container for up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Additional Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Soups & Salads
Keywords: lentil salad recipe