These easy Savory Herb Carrots are full of fall flavors, from fresh herbs to white balsamic vinegar. Whip up the perfect savory side dish in under 20 minutes!
- 1 pound carrots, cut at a diagonal
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Prep your ingredients - Slice carrots at a diagonal, mince the garlic and shallot, finely chop the thyme, sage and rosemary.
- Bring carrots to a boil - Place carrots into a large pot and fill with 3 cups of water. Bring water to a boil and once boiling reduce the heat to low. Simmer carrots until they are fork tender, about 5-10 minutes. Once tender, drain the water and return carrots to the same pot.
- Cook garlic & shallot - Add the olive oil, garlic, and shallot to the carrots stirring until well combined. Cook on medium heat for around 2 minutes so the garlic and shallot are fragrant.
- Add herbs - Remove from the heat and add the white balsamic, thyme, sage, and rosemary. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir until carrots are evenly coated and serve immediately.
- To store: Keep tightly wrapped in plastic wrap or an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- To freeze: Can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 10 months.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
Keywords: savory herb carrots