These easy Savory Herb Carrots are full of flavor, from fresh herbs to white balsamic vinegar. Whip up the perfect savory side dish in under 20 minutes!
While I usually prefer sweet to savory, I must admit that even I crave a good savory vegetable dish from time to time. My favorite part of holiday meals has always been the side dishes. Often times, I barely even touch the turkey because I'm busy piling my plate with a hearty bit of every side dish that is available!
Today, I am pleased to inform you that these herb carrots are what side dish dreams are made of! Plus, they are incredibly easy to make. So go ahead and save this recipe for when you're in a pinch this holiday season or if you're like me keep some in your fridge for those moments that you crave something salty!
Ready to make some?!
Savory Herb Carrots Ingredients:
To make this easy Savory Herb Carrots recipe, you will need the following ingredients. See the full recipe card below for detailed amounts and instructions!
- Carrots - This recipe calls for a 1 pound bag
- Olive oil - Always!
- Shallot & garlic - Savory flavors at their finest
- White balsamic vinegar - I love love love using white balsamic on vegetables!
- Thyme, sage, rosemary - Fresh is the best option if possible.
- Salt & pepper - I use sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper for the best flavor!
How to Make Savory Herb Carrots:
To make this Savory Herb Carrot recipe, simply:
- Prep your ingredients - Slice carrots at a diagonal, mince the garlic and shallot, finely chop the thyme, sage and rosemary.
- Bring carrots to a boil - Place carrots into a large pot and fill with 3 cups of water. Bring water to a boil and once boiling reduce the heat to low. Simmer until carrots are fork tender, about 5-10 minutes. Once tender, drain the water and return carrots to the same pot.
- Cook garlic & shallot - Add the olive oil, garlic, and shallot to the carrots stirring until all are evenly coated. Cook on medium heat for around 2 minutes so the garlic and shallot are fragrant.
- Add herbs - Remove from the heat and add the white balsamic, thyme, sage, and rosemary. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir until carrots are evenly coated and serve immediately.
To store: Keep tightly wrapped in plastic wrap or an airtight container for up to 5 days.
To freeze: Can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 10 months.
Herbs - Omit and add your favorite herbs to change up the flavors!
Nuts or seeds - Add your favorite nuts or seeds for some extra crunch.
More savory recipes you'll love!
- Soft Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
- Tuscan Tortellini Soup
- Autumn Vegetable Minestrone
- Lentil Veggie Chili
- Sweet Potato & Black Bean Bowls
- Two Way Sweet Potatoes