Looking for a plant based burger recipe to make at home? Look no further than our favorite Vegan Burger Recipe! This recipe is easy, filling, full of flavor, and comes together in just a few minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1 cup black beans, mashed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili lime seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- Prep the sweet potato. Peel a sweet potato, poke it with a fork on several sides, and place in the microwave for about 3-5 minutes or until soft enough to mash.
- Prep the oats. In a food processor, pulse the oats until they are roughly ground.
- Make the patties. In a large bowl, combine the cooked sweet potato, black beans, and spices. We have found that using a large fork or even a pastry cutter works best. When the mixture is starting to come together add in the ground oats and 1/4 cup of water. Form the mixture into patties of your desired thickness. We usually get about 6 patties out of one batch.
- Cook the patties. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat a medium skillet with about one teaspoon of olive oil on the bottom. Add patties and cook about 5 minutes on each side so they form a nice crisp layer. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook in oven for 12 minutes so they heat all the way through.
- Build your burger!
To store: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Plant-Based