This quick and easy Cinnamon Banana Bread is our all-time favorite banana bread recipe! It is made with simple ingredients that can be mixed by hand in a matter of minutes. This bread is moist, tender and you simply can't beat the cinnamon swirl!
All about this Cinnamon Banana Bread
Do you have a favorite banana bread recipe yet? If not, I highly recommend this one! It is an easy, simple recipe that is everything you could want in a banana bread.
I love this recipe because it is the perfect mix of banana and warming spices. It screams cozy comfort food! I also love that it is naturally sweetened with honey and maple syrup which prevents it from being overly sweet if you choose to add the cinnamon sugar topping. This recipe is extremely flexible and can be made gluten-free, dairy-free, or sugar-free. But most importantly, it is beyond delicious!
- Flavor: This cinnamon banana bread is beyond delicious! I think we all know that there is magic that happens when you add cinnamon and warming spices to any baked good. I mean, you really can't go wrong! I use a combination of honey and maple syrup to sweeten the bread batter so it isn't overly sweet when the cinnamon sugar swirl is added. Perfection!
- Texture: This bread is moist and tender with a divine crumb. It has a great soft texture and cuts very well.
- Ease: This recipe is very easy to make. All you need is a mixing bowl and a loaf pan. Heck, even if you didn't have those you could manage this recipe! A beginner can easily master this one by following my detailed instructions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
As much as you prefer! We use 1 teaspoon in the bread batter plus another tablespoon for the swirl in this recipe. Perfect cinnamon to banana bread ratio every time!
Banana bread is best eaten fresh, but if you are storing the best way to keep banana bread moist is to place a paper towel in the bottom of an airtight storage container and place the loaf on top of it. Make sure the loaf is fully cooled before placing in the container. The paper towel should absorb any excess moisture. Cover the bread with another paper towel for best results
A dense banana bread means you over mixed your batter. We, of course, don't want that. So be sure to only mix your batter until it is just combined.
To make this cinnamon banana bread recipe, you will need the following ingredients. See the full recipe card below for detailed amounts and instructions!
- Flour - Your preference of all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, or gluten-free flour work.
- Eggs, baking soda, salt, vanilla extract - Of course!
- Cinnamon + Nutmeg - For that perfect spice.
- Bananas - Two smashed ripe bananas do the trick.
- Milk - Your favorite kind of cow's milk or almond milk.
- Honey & Maple syrup - I love using these healthier sweeteners for the bread.
- Coconut oil - Or any type of mild-flavored oil.
I have used these nonstick loaf pans for years and highly recommend them, but any 1 pound loaf pan will do. Just make sure you grease the pan for a perfect release.
How to Make This Cinnamon Banana Bread
To make this cinnamon banana bread recipe, simply:
- Mix the dry ingredients.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Mix the wet ingredients.
In a medium bowl, whisk together bananas, eggs, milk, vanilla, honey, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Mix the wet into the dry ingredients until fully combined.
Pour the batter into the loaf pan, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, and bake until the bread passes the toothpick test.
Allow bread to cool at least 5 minutes before removing from pan.
To store: Keep tightly wrapped in plastic wrap or a sealed container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
To freeze: It is always best to freeze the bread at its freshest. Just make sure it is completely cooled before wrapping it in plastic wrap and sealing in an airtight container or freezer bag. You can freeze this bread for up to 3 months and transfer it to the fridge to defrost overnight.
This bread recipe can easily be altered based on what you have on hand or your preferences! Some great variations include:
- Chocolate chips - Always a favorite! Sprinkle them on top or mix them into the batter.
- Nuts or seeds - Pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds, or pumpkin seeds would make a great addition.
- Dried fruit - Dried cranberries, raisins, or apricots.
- Flour - Gluten-free or whole wheat flour can be used instead of the all-purpose flour.
- Milk - Almond milk can be substituted for cow's milk.
- Sugar - To make sugar-free omit or replace the sugar topping.
More Fall Desserts You’ll Love!
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
- Maple Pecan Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Apple Cider Blondies
- Easy Spiced Snickerdoodles
- Pumpkin Spice Madeleines With Maple Glaze
- Caramel French Toast Bake With Berry Sauce Topping
- Pumpkin Pecan Fudge
- Easy Pumpkin Scones
- A Campfire Apple S’mores Tray