This easy Cinnamon Banana Bread recipe is our all-time favorite! Made with simple ingredients that can be mixed by hand in a matter of minutes.
Do you have a favorite banana bread recipe yet? If not, I highly recommend this one! It is an easy, simple recipe that is everything you could want in a banana bread.
I love this recipe because it is the perfect mix of banana and warming spices. It screams cozy comfort food! I also love that it is naturally sweetened with honey and maple syrup which prevents it from being overly sweet if you choose to add the cinnamon sugar topping. This recipe is extremely flexible and can be made gluten-free, dairy-free, or sugar-free. But most importantly, it is mouth watering delicious!
I anticipate making a version of this banana bread weekly as we head into the fall. So if you are feeling it too, here is how I make mine!
Cinnamon Banana Bread Ingredients:
To make this cinnamon banana bread recipe, you will need the following ingredients. See the full recipe card below for detailed amounts and instructions!
- Flour - Your preference of all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, or gluten-free flour work.
- Eggs, baking soda, salt, vanilla extract - Of course!
- Cinnamon + Nutmeg - For that perfect spice.
- Bananas - Two smashed ripe bananas do the trick.
- Milk - Your favorite kind of cow's milk or almond milk.
- Honey & Maple syrup - I love using these healthier sweeteners for the bread.
- Coconut oil - Or any type of mild-flavored oil.
How to Make Banana Bread:
To make this cinnamon banana bread recipe, simply:
- Mix the dry ingredients - In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Mix the wet ingredients - In a medium bowl, whisk together bananas, eggs, milk, vanilla, honey, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Mix the wet into the dry ingredients until fully combined.
- Bake - Pour the batter into the loaf pan, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, and bake until the bread passes the toothpick test.
- Serve - Allow bread to cool at least 5 minutes before removing from pan.
To store, keep tightly wrapped in plastic wrap or a sealed container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Chocolate chips - Always a favorite! Sprinkle them on top or mix them into the batter.
Nuts or seeds - Pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds, or pumpkin seeds would make a great addition.
Dried fruit - Dried cranberries, raisins, or apricots.
Flour - Gluten-free or whole wheat flour can be used instead of the all-purpose flour.
Milk - Almond milk can be substituted for cow's milk.
Sugar - To make sugar-free omit or replace the sugar topping.
More Fall Desserts You’ll Love!
- Apple Cider Blondies
- Easy Spiced Snickerdoodles
- Pumpkin Spice Madeleines With Maple Glaze
- Caramel French Toast Bake With Berry Sauce Topping
- Pumpkin Pecan Fudge
- Easy Pumpkin Scones
- A Campfire Apple S’mores Tray
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup honey
- 1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- Sugar & cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, eggs, milk, vanilla, honey, maple syrup, and coconut oil until fully combined.
- Add the wet mix to the dry and stir until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine your desired amount of cinnamon sugar (I use ½ cup sugar + 1 tablespoon cinnamon)
- Pour half of the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle about half of the cinnamon sugar mix on top of the batter. Pour the remaining batter over top and spread evenly. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar evenly on top and swirl a knife down the length of the loaf.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Gluten-free or whole wheat flour can be used instead of the all-purpose flour.
- Almond milk can be substituted for cow's milk.
- To make sugar-free omit or replace the sugar topping.
- To store, keep tightly wrapped in plastic wrap or a sealed container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Did you make this recipe?
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this Cinnamon Banana Bread recipe! When you make it, be sure to leave an amazing review in the comments below or tag #goingforgrace on social!