This Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe is a quick & easy cake that you will love making! It’s perfect for Saturday mornings, brunch, Mother’s Day and much more!
First published on March 16th, 2020. Updated on March 2nd, 2021.
This blueberry coffee cake recipe is basically like one giant blueberry crumble muffin that you got from your favorite bakery with a glaze on top! I love adding fresh fruits to cake recipes and am already planning to try this one with many different kinds this spring. It is the perfect addition to a breakfast or brunch, but also an incredible dessert.
Let’s make a coffee cake!
What is in Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe
To make this coffee cake, you will need the following ingredients. See the full recipe card below for detailed amounts and instructions.
- Baking basics – Flour, sugar, butter, milk, egg, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract. Start with that base and you can pretty much add any fruit or nut your heart desires and end up with a delicious cake!
- Blueberries – When it comes to the blueberries you can use fresh or frozen, but I definitely prefer using the fresh!
- Crumble topping – The crumble topping consists of sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter. It adds the best flavor to the cake!
- Glaze – Once your cake is out of the oven you’ll add the finishing touch with a vanilla glaze! Simply mix powdered sugar, vanilla, and hot water.
How to Make This Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe
To make this coffee cake, simply:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. While preheating, grease the bottom and sides of a 9×3 inch springform pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, flour and cinnamon for the crumble. Cut butter into small slabs and cut into flour mixture with pastry cutter or fork until the mixture is in small crumbles and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, stir together flour, sugar, butter, milk, egg, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract until just combined. Remove bowl from mixer and fold in blueberries with a spoon.
- Spread the batter into greased pan and sprinkle with the crumble topping.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick in the center of the cake and it comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before removing the sides of the springform pan.
- In a small bowl mix powdered sugar, vanilla, and hot water until smooth. Drizzle over cake and enjoy!
How Long Does This Coffee Cake Last?
If your house is like mine, not very long due to it being eaten! You can store this cake for weeks or even months – Cover fully with plastic wrap and keep at room temperature for up to 6 days or freeze in plastic wrap or heavy foil (I do both!) for up to 3 months.
This cake could be made in so many delicious variations. Simply replace the blueberries with another ingredient or get crazy and replace with two! Here are some variations that I’m already planning to try:
- Extra cinnamon swirl
- Chocolate chip
More Recipes You’ll Love!
- The BEST Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- Cinnamon Banana Bread
- Caramel French Toast Bake
- Quick & Healthy Berry Crisp
- Easy Pumpkin Scones
- Pumpkin Spice Madeleines With Maple Glaze
- Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Bread