This is the best berry smoothie for hair, skin, and nails! Full of good for you ingredients that promote healthy hair, glowing skin, and strong nails.
The Best Berry Smoothie
I think we all know that eating a diet full of fresh fruits and vegetables is the way to go in terms of health. It is no different when it comes to hair, skin, and nails! In fact, there are certain power foods that you should consider part of your daily beauty routine. I have this smoothie nearly every day for that reason. I have found it much more effective than the gummies we’ve all tried!
This berry smoothie is loaded with powerful nutrients and antioxidants that go far beyond your hair, skin, and nails. I love that I can get in so many nutritious foods in far less time than I could ever eat them. Plus, I would never get enough greens or seeds in my diet without it!
Let’s make a smoothie!
Berry Smoothie Ingredients:
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients. See the full recipe card at the end of this post for detailed amounts and instructions!
- Spinach – This leafy green is loaded with nutrients and antioxidants. It contains vitamin A, vitamin C, folic acid, and iron; all of which are amazing for your skin health. You can use spinach, kale, or both in this smoothie.
- Frozen blueberries – My favorite berry! Blueberries pack the strongest antioxidant punch of all fruits and vegetables. They help fight off free radicals and improve cell turnover, leading to fewer signs of aging and plump skin. They can also help prevent breakouts and inflammation! We prefer wild blueberries since research tells us they are the most nutrient dense, but any you have will do.
- Frozen blackberries – These juicy berries are loaded with vitamin c, k, and manganese. They help your hair, skin, and nails much like blueberries do.
- Frozen raspberries – Yet another berry full of antioxidants. I could eat raspberries by the handful and feel good about doing it. They are great for reducing inflammation and contain folic acid which helps your hair shine and grow.
- Frozen banana – Bananas are amazing for scalp and hair health. They are also rich in vitamin A which helps to brighten the skin and give you a healthy glow.
- Avocado – They’re not just for toast, friends. This creamy fruit is high in healthy fats which help to achieve healthy, glowing skin and is a great source of vitamin C, vitamin E, biotin, omega 3, and fiber. They also help to give you the strong, smooth, and shiny hair we all covet.
- Ginger – A powerhouse in anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
- Chia seeds – These little seeds are among the healthiest foods on the planet. They are loaded with fiber, protein, omega-3s, and omega-6. Most people think of salmon when they hear omega-3s, but chia seeds actually contain more omega 3s than salmon, gram per gram. These omega-3s help protect the skin from sun damage and also support scalp and hair health.
- Hemp seeds – Another seed that is full of nutrients, healthy fats, and proteins.
- Flaxseeds – These seeds are full of B vitamins which helps to strengthen hair and promote growth.
- Medjool dates – When buying dates, be sure to look specifically for Medjool dates. They are larger and slightly sweeter. The best for smoothies, by far. Just be sure to remove the pits before adding them to your blender! They help reduce inflammation and promote hormone regulation.
- Water – Filtered water is my choice of smoothie thinner, but you can use coconut water if you prefer.
How to Make This Berry Smoothie:
To make this recipe, simply:
- Add all of the ingredients to a high speed blender. We have the Vitamix Professional Series 7500 and it is worth every penny. Definitely our most used kitchen tool! Blend on high for at least 1 minute or until smooth. Add more water if needed to reach desired smoothie thickness.
More healthy recipes you’ll love!
- Our Favorite Recipe For Guacamole
- Easy Recipe for Pico de Gallo
- The Best Healthy Nachos
- Avocado Dip
- Sweet Potato & Black Bean Bowls
- Roasted Vegetable Salad
- My Favorite Farro Salad
- Easy Lentil Salad