These Healthy Nachos are a spin on my favorite game day food! Made with baked sweet potato slices, black beans, pico, cilantro, jalapeños, and a creamy avocado sauce.
The Best Healthy Nachos
As a lover of any kind of nachos, I wanted to find a healthy version that we could enjoy as often as we like! These are full of good for you ingredients that are also incredibly delicious. It’s hard to choose between the seasoned sweet potatoes or the toppings as my favorite part of this recipe, but the combination is one to crave. We make ours fully plant based so we don’t add cheese, but I’ve written it in the recipe just in case you want to add cheese to yours!
Let’s make some!
Tips For The Best Healthy Nachos
To make the best nachos simply:
- Choose the freshest ingredients. The fresher the ingredients, the better the nachos!
- Evenly slice. The more evenly you slice your sweet potatoes, the more evenly they will bake.
- Spice it up. Toss the sweet potatoes with some olive oil and your favorite spice blend before baking.
- Spread in a single later. This helps the sweet potatoes bake up nice and slightly crispy.
- Add toppings. Don’t skimp on your favorite toppings!
Ingredients For These Healthy Nachos:
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients. See the full recipe card below for detailed amounts and instructions!
- Sweet potatoes – One large sweet potato is perfect for two people, but add more according to the number you’re serving.
- Black beans – One can will do.
- Olive oil – To coat the sweet potatoes and black beans for a nice bake.
- Chile lime seasoning – This is my favorite spice blend to use, but choose your favorite!
- Pico de gallo – Store bought works, but I prefer this easy recipe! So fresh and easy to make.
- Creamy avocado sauce – One batch of this recipe makes for the perfect nacho topping!
- Jalapeño – You can make this recipe without the jalapeños if you prefer, but I personally like it much better with them. Sometimes I add extra! If you’re worried about the heat, I have found that if you remove the seeds it isn’t spicy at all. Just gives great fresh flavor.
- Cilantro – Fresh is definitely what you want for this recipe.
How to Make These Healthy Nachos:
To make this recipe, simply:
- Prep – Slice the sweet potatoes into thin even rounds, drain and rinse black beans, and place both into a large bowl.
- Coat – Add olive oil and chile lime seasoning and toss until all of the sweet potatoes and black beans are coated.
- Bake – Place sweet potatoes in an even layer on a large rimmed baking sheet as evenly as you can. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes, flip sweet potatoes onto other side, and bake for 10 more minutes. Add the black beans (and cheese if desired) to the pan and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Top – Once baked, top nachos with pico de gallo, avocado sauce, cilantro, jalapeños, and any other toppings. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Topping Options For These Healthy Nachos
More plant based recipes you’ll love!
- White Bean & Kale Salad
- Tahini Lemon Dressing
- My Favorite Farro Salad
- Easy Lentil Salad
- How to Cook Farro
- Tropical Smoothie Recipes
- Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Soft Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
- Autumn Vegetable Minestrone
- Sweet Potato & Black Bean Bowls
- Savory Herb Carrots