This Mango Habanero Salsa is made with only six simple ingredients and is full of fresh spicy flavor. It can stand alone and dazzle on chips or upgrade any dish you put it on. This is one of those quick and easy recipes that impress!
All About This Mango Habanero Salsa
- Flavor: This salsa is sweet, fresh, and slightly spicy! You can alter the spice level dependent upon your heat tolerance, but however you dice it (pun intended!) the fresh flavor of the habanero is perfectly balanced by the sweet juicy mango.
- Texture: This is one of those chunky diced salsas that you want to eat by the spoonful. The small juicy bits of habanero glazed mango are to die for! Make it as chunky or fine as you prefer, but as pictured is pretty perfect for chip dipping or taco topping.
- Ease: Homemade salsas are one of my favorite things to make because they look and taste super impressive, but are so easy to make! A beginner can easily master this recipe by following the detailed instructions below.
- Use: You can use this salsa on just about anything! Some of our favorite ways to eat it are on our Vegan Street Tacos, Sweet Potato Nachos, Vegan Burgers, Black Bean Burrito Bowls, or on its own with chips. It would also be fantastic on fish or chicken.
Frequently Asked Questions
Mango habanero salsa is delicious on its own with tortilla chips, on top of tacos, on top of nachos, on top of bowls, on top of burgers, or with fish or chicken.
The best way to keep the heat down in this salsa is to make sure you remove all of the seeds before you dice the pepper. Without the seeds, it really is a more mild salsa.
Habanero peppers have a sweet and smoky taste, but can be much spicier if you don't remove the seeds.
What You Will Need
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients. See the full recipe card at the end of this post for detailed amounts and instructions!
- Mango - Fresh mango is the best for this salsa, but you can use frozen as well. Slice and dice to the size that you prefer.
- Cilantro - Fresh cilantro that is finely chopped is definitely what you want for this salsa.
- Red onion - You can alter the amount that this recipe calls for based on your taste.
- Habanero pepper - Habaneros are easy to find at your local grocery store. Be sure to carefully remove all of the seeds if you don't want much heat, but if you live on the spicier side of life add in all of the seeds you want!
- Lime - We will use both the zest and the juice in this salsa, so be sure to zest it first.
- Sea salt - You already know my favorite flaky sea salt!
How to Make This Mango Habanero Salsa:
To make this recipe, simply:
- Dice and chop.
Finely dice and chop the mango, cilantro, red onion, and habanero pepper.
Add all your chopped ingredients into a small bowl and add sea salt, lime zest, and lime juice. Toss until combined. Serve immediately or make it ahead of time.
To store: This salsa tastes even better the longer that the flavors get to marry. Store it in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 6 days.
- Swap the fruit. Some other fruits to try in this salsa are peach, pineapple, strawberry, watermelon, or tomatoes.
- Swap the pepper. This salsa is great with any kind of pepper. Try a jalapeno or serrano pepper. If you can't handle heat try a red bell pepper.
- Add your favorite spices. Some great additions are chili lime seasoning, cumin, or a bit of your favorite taco seasoning.
More healthy & fresh recipes you'll love!
- Our Favorite Recipe For Guacamole
- Easy Recipe for Pico de Gallo
- Avocado Dip
- Black Bean Burrito Bowls
- Vegan Burgers
- Sweet Potato Nachos
- Creamy Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip