Looking to upgrade your usual oatmeal breakfast? Get out your blender and try this delicious plant based Vegan Baked Oatmeal, aka my version of the popular TikTok Baked Oats! Made with a handful of simple pantry staples such as rolled oats, banana, maple syrup, and cinnamon; this quick and healthy recipe is the ultimate breakfast comfort food! Plus, you won't believe how easy it is to make. Get ready to bookmark this one!
All About This Vegan Baked Oatmeal
- Flavor: This baked oatmeal has the best nostalgic, warm, and cinnamon-y flavor thanks to the maple syrup and cinnamon. When I tell you this healthy breakfast tastes like the cake part of a blueberry cobbler straight out of the oven, I mean it! Obsessed.
- Texture: Thanks to the combination of the oats, banana, and maple syrup; this baked oatmeal has a soft cobbler like texture with the most perfect crunchy layer on top! Take a good look at the photos. Do you see that gorgeous crunch?!
- Ease: This vegan baked oatmeal is the easier thing you will ever make. Toss the batter ingredients into a blender, add your favorite toppings, and you're good to go! A beginner can easily master this recipe by following my detailed instructions below. This one is EASY!
Frequently Asked Questions
This recipe certainly is! Oats are a great naturally gluten-free whole grain. They are full of essential vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants making them a great addition to your diet. Just be sure to avoid any refined sugars, but if you're using this recipe you're golden!
Some do, these don't! Oats are naturally gluten-free, but if you have a gluten allergy be sure that your oats are certified gluten-free since most oats are cross contaminated with gluten-containing grains like wheat, rye and barley.
To make this baked oatmeal, you will need the following ingredients. See the full recipe card at the end of this post for detailed amounts and instructions!
- Oats - We use both old fashioned oats and quick oats in this recipe. The old fashioned oats we blend up into oat flour, but the quick oats we leave whole to get that perfect chewy cookie!
- Baking powder - To get that perfect rise.
- Banana - We need one full banana for this recipe. Preferably a ripe banana, but I have made with one that wasn't so ripe and it turned out totally fine so if that's all you have you're good!
- Dairy free milk - We use almond milk (Malk is our favorite), but any dairy free milk, cow's milk, or even water will work well in this recipe. If using water just add ½ teaspoon more vanilla extract to your batter.
- Vanilla - Some vanilla extract for that nostalgic baked goods flavor!
- Cinnamon - Cinnamon really levels up the flavor here. I love a good cinnamon oatmeal!
- Maple syrup - Our sweetener of choice here so we stay away from the refined sugars. I love the full flavor and touch of sweetness that maple syrup gives to this batter. You can try honey or another sweetener if you prefer, but this is definitely my number one pick!
- Fruit - I clearly used blueberries for this post, but I want to hit the point home that this recipe is a Master Recipe. Use the oatmeal batter base as a starting point and swap out the toppings for seasonal favorites like blueberries, strawberries, peaches, etc!
- Nuts - Same as the fruit. Swap out the nuts to whatever suit your fancy that day! Some great options are pecans (as pictured), walnuts, slivered almonds, hazelnuts, etc.
How to Make This Vegan Baked Oatmeal (TikTok Baked Oats)
To make this recipe, simply:
Add oats, baking powder, banana, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and maple syrup to blender and pulse until the batter is smooth and fully combined. Should only take a 30 seconds to one minute.
Evenly pour oatmeal batter into greased baking dish.
Add your desired fruit and nuts to the oatmeal batter in an even layer. Drizzle with a bit of maple syrup before baking.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove and let cool a few minutes before digging in!
To store: This baked oatmeal is a great breakfast to meal prep. Make it ahead of time and store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. I assure you it won't stick around that long though!
Vegan Baked Oatmeal Variations
Use this baked oatmeal batter as the base and master recipe. Have fun mixing up the toppings for new flavor combinations. Here are some great variations to get you started!
- Peaches and walnuts
- Strawberries and pecans
- Chocolate chips and pecans
- Raspberries and slivered almonds
- Bananas and walnuts
More healthy breakfast recipes you'll love!
- Quick & Healthy Berry Crisp
- The BEST Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread
- Mango Spinach Smoothie
- Turmeric Ginger Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie