Looking for a healthy Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip that is as rich and creamy as the real deal? This quick and easy recipe is just that! Made with spinach, artichoke hearts, cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon, and spices; this dip is so creamy and cheesy that you won't believe it is completely dairy free. Pile it on top of crackers, bread, veggies, or just eat it by the spoonful!
All About This Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Flavor: This spinach dip is cheesy, warm and rich in flavor! The nutritional yeast, garlic, oregano, onion powder, salt, and black pepper make for the perfect blend of spices to get that rich and delicious cheese like flavor without any dairy whatsoever. I love adding the lemon juice to help brighten the sauce up a bit!
- Texture: This dip is so creamy and smooth that you will want to eat it by the spoonful! The vegan cheese sauce is pretty divine in that it is not too thick or too thin. If you follow the recipe below you will get the absolute perfect ratio of sauce to artichoke and spinach. Make it as chunky or fine a chop as you prefer, but I have found that a rough small to medium sized chop of the artichoke and spinach is pretty perfect for dipping.
- Ease: This homemade dip is one of those recipes that look and taste super impressive, but is so easy to make! Grab your blender or food processor and you're ready to go! A beginner can easily master this recipe by following the detailed instructions below.
What You Will Need
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients. See the full recipe card at the end of this post for detailed amounts and instructions!
- Cashews - Raw cashews are what we use for this recipe. We soak them in hot water for about 10 minutes so they get nice and soft before blending. This is where our creamy sauce comes from!
- Nutritional yeast - Ever wonder what this stuff is good for? It gets its name because it contains many nutrients, including protein, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It is often used in vegan and plant based recipes because it has a rich and savory flavor that tastes like cheese.
- Garlic - I found 3 cloves to be the sweet spot, but alter to your preference.
- Oregano - Dried or fresh will work in this recipe. I love the flavor this adds!
- Onion powder - Just a teaspoon of this one to round out our savory flavoring.
- Salt & pepper- You already know my favorite flaky sea salt.
- Lemon - We will add the juice of one lemon to our vegan cheese sauce. The lemon really makes it pop!
- Artichoke hearts - You'll want 14 ounce can or jar of artichoke hearts in brine for this recipe. The juices help make the artichoke soft and ready to bake! Drain them and then give them a rough chop.
- Spinach - You can alter the amount of spinach to your liking, but I've found that 2 cups is spot on for dipping purposes. I like to chop mine in a small to medium chop so it is easier to eat.
How to Make This Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
To make this recipe, simply:
Place the cashews into a medium sized bowl and cover with hot water. Let sit for at least 10 minutes to allow the cashews to soften.
- Make the sauce.
Place the soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic, spices, lemon juice, and water into a blend. Pulse for about 1 minute until mixture is fully combined.
Place chopped spinach, and chopped artichoke hearts evenly into the bottom of your baking dish and pour the sauce over top. Smooth and even out with a wooden spoon if needed.
Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes or until edges start turning slightly golden. Serve hot or allow to come to room temperature. It's fantastic either way!
Store: Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. When ready to reheat, bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until warmed through.
Make It Ahead
This dip can easily be made ahead of time! Simply, prepare the dish as listed in the recipe, but do not bake. Cover tightly and store in fridge for up to 2 days and bake at 400 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes when ready to serve.
More healthy & fresh recipes you'll love!
- Quick & Easy Mango Habanero Salsa
- Our Favorite Recipe For Guacamole
- Easy Recipe for Pico de Gallo
- Quick & Easy Mexican Pickled Onions
- Avocado Dip
- Black Bean Burrito Bowls
- 5 Minute Dark Chocolate Hummus