This Healthy Granola Recipe is easy to make and even easier to fall in love with! Made with good for you ingredients that all add up to the perfect crunch!
Oh, the love I have for an easy granola recipe. If you're looking to dip your toe into the homemade pool, granola is one of the most simple things to make at home. Not to mention, way better than store bought options in both health and taste!
Today, I'm sharing my go to granola recipe. This easy recipe is a great base that you can add to and make your own. It is the perfect pick for a breakfast, snack, or road trip!
As a Yankee Candle Ambassador I got to create around the new Sidekick Collection and I am happy to report that it, like this granola, is road trip approved! With a Sidekick Vent Clip, Visor Clip, or Pendant you can give your car it's own signature scent. So, let's make some granola and hit the road!
Healthy Granola Ingredients:
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients. See the full recipe card at the end of this post for detailed amounts and instructions!
- Rolled oats - One of the most well balanced whole grains you can find, oats are a nutritious power house. You want the whole grain old fashioned oats when making granola. They are sturdy, minimally processed, and hold their shape best while baking.
- Pumpkin seeds - Pumpkin seeds are my favorite seeds to use in granola! The seeds are small, but mighty when it comes to nutrition. High in antioxidants, magnesium, zinc, and much more.
- Nuts - Pecans and walnuts are my choice for this granola recipe! I love variety in a granola and these two pair perfectly for a dose of healthy fats.
- Natural sweeteners - I love using a combination of both maple syrup and honey for this granola recipe. They both add the most delicious flavoring and richness to the mix!
- Coconut oil - Unrefined coconut oil helps to give the granola that special bit of crunch it has post baking. You don't want to skip it! If you're making a more savory granola you can use olive oil instead, but I do prefer coconut oil for a sweeter batch.
- Vanilla extract - Just a bit goes a long way with this recipe. Love how it pairs with the spices to make a warm flavoring!
- Dried fruit - Raisins, cranberries, apples... The list goes on! For your healthiest granola be sure to buy dried fruits that have no added sugar.
- Pumpkin pie spice - I love using warm spices in my granola and use this recipe for my pumpkin pie spice.
- Sea salt - I highly prefer using the sea salt flakes, but any will do to get that extra bit of flavor!
How to Make This Healthy Granola Recipe:
To make this recipe, simply:
- Combine. Combine the oats, nuts, seeds, salt, spices, oil, vanilla, and sweeteners in large bowl and toss until evenly coated.
- Bake. Spread the granola evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet. Pressing it down as best you can for those glorious granola clumps. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly golden, tossing it about halfway.
- Add. Allow the granola to cool completely before adding in the dried fruit.
- Store. Store in an airtight container for up to 14 days.
A special thank you to Yankee Candle for making this post possible. I could not be more thrilled to be considered a Yankee Candle Ambassador for 2021! As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that make by Lauren Cermak possible!
More healthy recipes you'll love!
- Our Favorite Recipe For Guacamole
- Easy Recipe for Pico de Gallo
- The Best Healthy Nachos
- Avocado Dip
- Sweet Potato & Black Bean Bowls
- Roasted Vegetable Salad
- My Favorite Farro Salad
- Easy Lentil Salad