Looking for a quick and healthy dinner idea? Get ready to bookmark this easy Vegan Sheet Pan Dinner! This dinner comes together in just 20 minutes and is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and plant powered. Made with broccoli, chickpeas, potatoes, pumpkin seeds, and your favorite bbq sauce; this sheet pan dinner will quickly become your new weeknight go-to!
All About This Vegan Sheet Pan Dinner
- Flavor: The flavor of this sheet pan dinner is really in your hands, but if you make it as the recipe card below then you will get the perfect blend; a little smoky, a little spicy, and a little sweet! The chipotle chili seasoned potatoes, broccoli, and chickpeas pack a big flavor punch and pair perfectly with the sweetness of the bbq sauce. Now I'm ready for dinner!
- Texture: In this sheet pan you've got crunchy broccoli, soft potatoes, perfectly roasted chickpeas, and a seriously delicious sauce. I often hear people's concern over whether a meal without meat is filling and from now on I will be directing them straight to this recipe. This dinner is extremely filling, comforting, and what we call a power meal!
- Ease: Does it get much easier than a sheet pan dinner? Actually yes it does... A meatless sheet pan dinner! A knife and one sheet pan are all the tools you'll need for this one. Because it is so easy and quick to make, we make a version of this recipe at least twice a week at our house. Especially after a long work day! A beginner can easily master this recipe by following my detailed instructions below. This one is EASY!
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients. See the full recipe card at the end of this post for detailed amounts and instructions!
- Baby potatoes - Any kind of potato works well in this recipe. We change it up frequently and love using baby gold, baby red, or diced sweet potatoes.
- Broccoli- A 12 ounce bag of broccoli florets or a full head of broccoli. Be sure to break it up into smaller bite sized pieces as shown in the photos so it's easier to eat.
- Chickpeas - Rinsed and drained.
- Olive oil - Just a bit for that perfect roast!
- Seasoning - We love the flavor that chipotle chili seasoning brings to this sheet pan, but any of your favorites will do. I've also used chili lime seasoning or cajun seasoning and it was just as good.
- Pumpkin seeds - Love topping anything and everything with these nutrient dense seeds. They are a perfect compliment to this sheet pan!
- BBQ sauce - Rather than making my own cleaner version of bbq sauce, I opt for Primal Kitchen. They always have the best products with minimal and clean ingredients. We have tried every one of their bbq sauces and the classic is our favorite, by far!
How to Make this Vegan Sheet Pan Dinner
To make this recipe, simply:
Quarter the potatoes, break up the broccoli, drain & rinse the chickpeas.
Layer the potatoes, broccoli, and chickpeas onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle or spray with olive oil and sprinkle with the seasoning of your choice. We love chipotle chili seasoning for this combo. Give a good toss with a spatula until evenly coated. Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
Serve alone or add to quinoa, brown rice, or farro. Top with pumpkin seeds and your favorite bbq sauce!
To store: If you have leftovers, store them in separate air-tight containers. It will last up to 7 days in the fridge.
- Make bowls. We love adding this sheet pan dinner to brown rice, quinoa, or farro.
- Swap out the legume. If you don't have chickpeas on hand, just swap for kidney beans or black beans!
- Swap the seasoning & sauce. You can easily change up the flavors of this sheet pan by changing out the seasoning and sauce. Some great options are buffalo sauce, a creamy avocado sauce, cilantro lime, or any other favorites!
More vegan recipes you'll love!
- Vegan Street Tacos
- Best Vegan Burger Recipe
- Our Favorite Recipe For Guacamole
- Easy Recipe for Pico de Gallo
- The Best Healthy Nachos
- Avocado Dip
- Quick & Easy Mango Habanero Salsa