Ever wonder how to make the absolute best homemade Healthy Vegan Charcuterie Board? Get ready to bookmark this post! Below you will get step by step directions on how to put together an easy, beautiful, health focused charcuterie board that is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar free. Whether you are hosting a gathering or just whipping one up for your own family, this post will help you to easily create a beautiful healthy charcuterie board!
All About This Healthy Vegan Charcuterie Board
- Flavor: The board that I have put together for this specific post is the perfect combination of sweet, savory, and spicy flavors! Charcuterie boards are so fun because YOU get to choose what flavor combinations and pairings you're in the mood for. This girl loves her options so more often than not I'm in the mood for a little bit of everything and that's exactly what I wanted this board to be! As you can tell from the photos, it is broken down in three sections with a different kind of dip defining each section's flavor. I mean, does it get any better than that?!
- Ease: This vegan charcuterie board is one of the easiest things to put together. You don't have to have made a single charcuterie board in your life to make a beautiful end product here. Simply grab your favorite board and make your way through my step by step process below! A beginner can easily master this board.
- Use: Charcuterie boards are extremely versatile and truly just festive to have around! They make for a fantastic appetizer to a meal, side dish, snack, finish to a meal, or light meal themselves. They are extremely versatile in both size and variety which makes them a wonderful option whether you are hosting or just cooking for your family. Michael and I love having one around to graze on, just the two of us, on weekends!
Tips for Making The Best Vegan Charcuterie Board
- Use at least two dips! More is more when it comes to the dips!
- Think sweet, savory, spicy! For a well rounded board, mix up your flavors with sweets like the Dark Chocolate Hummus dip shown; savory like the Spinach Artichoke Dip shown; and spicy like the Harissa Hummus dip shown.
- Fill in every nook and cranny! Have a bare spot? Fill it with a handful of almonds or dried cranberries.
- Go for abundance! Charcuterie boards look their absolute best when they are abundant and overflowing with goodies. So... Pile it on, stack it high, and even let it overflow from the sides of the board!
What You Will Need
To make this board, you will need the following ingredients. See the full recipe card at the end of this post for detailed amounts and instructions!
- Dips: Dips, cheeses, or sauces really are the foundation of any charcuterie board! A good rule of thumb for any size board is to have at least two dipping options. For this vegan board I chose three of my favorite dips; one sweet - Dark Chocolate Hummus, one savory - Spinach Artichoke Dip, and one spicy - Harissa Hummus. I highly recommend this combination, but feel free to mix and match with your own preferences!
- Fruits: You can't go wrong with any fresh or dried fruit here, but for this specific board shown I chose strawberries, raspberries, and dried dates.
- Vegetables: Same as the fruits, you can't really go wrong, but I here used cucumber, bell pepper, and cauliflower.
- Nuts: Use your favorites or what you have on hand to help fill in any gaps and add some salty flavor. For the board pictured I used almonds, macadamia nuts, and pistachios.
- Crackers: Don't limit yourself to crackers here, it's just what I had on hand that day. Some great options are pretzels, crisps, crusty breads, or pita!
How to Make This Healthy Vegan Charcuterie Board
To make this charcuterie board, simply:
- Place the dips.
Space the dips evenly throughout your board.
- Place the fruits and vegetables.
Place the larger pieces like fruits and vegetables around each of the appropriate dips.
- Place the crackers.
Place several varieties of crackers around the appropriate dips.
- Place the nuts.
Place the nuts as filler in any gaps or bare spots of the board around the appropriate dips.
Top off your dips with additional garnishes to really meld the board together such as some of the raspberries and sea salt on the dark chocolate hummus or a cracker and a drizzle of olive oil on the savory dips.
More health focused posts you'll love!
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Dark Chocolate Hummus
- Quick & Easy Mango Habanero Salsa
- Our Favorite Recipe For Guacamole
- Easy Recipe for Pico de Gallo
- Avocado Dip