These crunchy Spicy Radishes are made with only four simple ingredients and are full of fresh spicy flavor! They make a delicious addition to tacos, nachos, bowls, salads, or burgers. This is one of those quick and easy recipes that impress!
All About These Spicy Radishes
- Flavor: These spicy radishes are fresh, earthy, salty, and slightly spicy! You can alter the spice level dependent upon your heat tolerance, but however you choose to make them the spicy flavors of the pepper and radish are perfectly balanced by the sweet tang of lime.
- Texture: The radish crunch cannot be beat! I prefer slicing them into thin rounds so that they soak up the juices easier, but still have the best crunch!
- Ease: These spicy radishes are beyond easy to make! They take all of 3 minutes and a beginner can easily master this recipe by following the instructions below.
- Use: You can use these spicy radishes on just about anything! Some of our favorite ways to eat them are on our Vegan Street Tacos, Sweet Potato Nachos, Vegan Burgers, Black Bean Burrito Bowls, or on a salad.
Frequently Asked Questions
Radishes are a great source of antioxidants, vitamin c, and more. They are also great for digestion.
Radishes are a crunchy root vegetable. They have an earthy, almost peppery taste and some even consider them slightly spicy. There are several types of radishes and while they all vary in color and shape they generally taste the same.
What You Will Need
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients. See the full recipe card at the end of this post for detailed amounts and instructions!
- Radishes - We always try to snag the gorgeous watermelon radishes on the rare occasion that our store has them, but there's honestly not much difference taste wise. Regular radishes are the ones pictured in this post, but you really can use any kind in this recipe. Side note - Is it a personality trait that I'm now describing radishes as gorgeous?!
- Serrano or jalapeno pepper - Either of these are easy to find at your local grocery store. Be sure to carefully remove all of the seeds if you don't want much heat, but if you live on the spicier side of life add in all of the seeds you want!
- Lime - We will use both the zest and the juice in this one, so be sure to zest it first. And if you don't have a citrus juicer take this as a sign to add one to your kitchen!
- Sea salt - You already know my favorite flaky sea salt!
How to Make These Spicy Radishes:
To make this recipe, simply:
- Slice and dice.
Finely slice the radishes and dice the pepper.
Add the sliced radishes and pepper into a small bowl and add sea salt, lime zest, and lime juice. Toss until combined. Let sit for at least 15 minutes so the flavors can meld. Serve immediately or make ahead of time.
To store: These spicy radishes taste even better the longer that the flavors get to marry. Store it in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Swap the pepper. These spicy radishes are great with any kind of pepper. Try a jalapeno, serrano, habanero, or any others you have on hand. If you can't handle heat try a red bell pepper.
- Add your favorite spices. Some great additions are chili lime seasoning, cumin, or a bit of your favorite taco seasoning.
More healthy & fresh recipes you'll love!
- Our Favorite Recipe For Guacamole
- Easy Recipe for Pico de Gallo
- The Best Vegan Street Tacos
- Mango Habanero Salsa
- Avocado Dip
- Black Bean Burrito Bowls
- Sweet Potato Nachos